Monday, May 24, 2010

Operation Rich in Beauty

Dear Friend,

I have given you this letter because I have seen you giving of yourself to the world. Your inner beauty is obvious.

Many times, many places one might wonder - Why do I matter? You've received this letter because perhaps you picked up garbage off the ground, you helped someone across the street - be they blind, elderly or just wobbly, or maybe you paid someone's fare on the public transit. Whatever you may have done, you have proven to me and many other on lookers that there is good in the world. You are a role model to each and every one of us and therefore, you matter.

I truly believe it is important to make sure everyone is given the praise that they are worth. I give you not only my praise, but I give you my heart, my mind, and my soul. You have demonstrated that there is certainly a way for me to help others and it may not be obvious. You have demonstrated that we each make an impact in our own way, be it small and isolated or broad and often.

The greatest part is that you did not contribute because you had to. I truly wish that I could personalize every letter I give out so that your individual impact could shine, but trust me, your impact lives on through each person that has met you and seen you in the act of good.

I want you to know that you are contributing good to this world - most certainly, you put a smile on my face. I want to thank you for all that you have done, do and will continue to do into the future.

You are an inspiration by the little things you do.

Forever and Always,
Joshua L. Wright
Operation Rich in Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment