Monday, August 13, 2012

MY FIRST MONDAY!!

I just completed my first Monday of the school year... I made it.

My first Monday meant waking up at 4:45am to get ready for a 5:00am run with a co-teacher. Getting ready for the day and being at school by 7:45am, but preferably 7:00am. Teaching straight for 5 hours and then finally getting a break for lunch. Heading home around 5:00pm is the goal.

My first day was Friday but I only had about 50% of my students and I was told they would be all my "good" students.

Today was Monday, I had my "real" students. They are great! No, they're not perfect and yes, they like to act out of line. But I'm working on them. My favorite student was sent to the "discipline chair" because he acted out too many times. He's not bad by any means, but talking without raising your hand and writing on my desk, although small, do mean disrespect in my class.

I want to start the year off stronge. I'm lucky enough to be receiving constant support and advice from veteran teachers. My principal is all about new teaching energy and innovation in teaching methods.

I truly feel that the saying "I am the Teacher. It is my classroom" means something for me in my school!

I couldn't have wished for a better situation and to be working in a school where I feel like I can truly reach these students.

It's day 2 and I know there will be days of exhaustion. My goal is to constantly remind myself that they are kids, I am here to promote their learning. There are things I can't change, but I'm in control of my classroom. If I teach them the rules early, we will succeed. If they realize why they're in my classroom, we'll succeed.

Tomorrow I'll post a picture of my 3 classes' "Why 100%" pictures. They're striving for 100% and giving 100% for a variety of reasons and they're now showcasing it in our hallway!

Continuing the positivity into every day. Step by step, my students and I will succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment